Sausage Pasta Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 5 Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, remove casings from sausage; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown the sausage; drain. Drain the pasta. Add pasta and tomatoes to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 313 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2017
Great, quick recipe! Out of necessity, we replaced parmesan with motzerella cheese. For hungry teenagers, more cheese the better! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that provide great taste and use simple ingredients on hand.
Nov 10, 2009
My family loves this!!! If you want less spice, I've used 1 can rotel and 1 can diced tomatoes. I have 2 small children and they gobble this up!! Quick and easy meal!!
Sep 23, 2009
I think I would use rice instead of the pasta. I used rotel, only 1 can and I found it to be spicy for the kids. Maybe add some red beans w/it too.