Sausage Pasta Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 5 Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, remove casings from sausage; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown the sausage; drain. Drain the pasta. Add pasta and tomatoes to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 313 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Mar 18, 2017
Great, quick recipe! Out of necessity, we replaced parmesan with motzerella cheese. For hungry teenagers, more cheese the better! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that provide great taste and use simple ingredients on hand.
Nov 10, 2009
My family loves this!!! If you want less spice, I've used 1 can rotel and 1 can diced tomatoes. I have 2 small children and they gobble this up!! Quick and easy meal!!
Sep 23, 2009
I think I would use rice instead of the pasta. I used rotel, only 1 can and I found it to be spicy for the kids. Maybe add some red beans w/it too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.