My kids love sausage and pancakes but making them during the week was out of the question. I purchased the frozen variety on a stick but wasn't keen on the calories, additives or price. This version of pigs-in-a-blanket is a great alternative that's much more cost effective. —Lisa Dodd, Greenville, South Carolina
Recommended: Our Best Pancake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Links
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Maple syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 48 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Microwave sausages according to package directions; drain. Cut into small chunks; divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Whisk next six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk, oil and honey until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Pour batter over sausage chunks in prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm, adding syrup if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Pancake Muffins in Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection-MAG Fall 2017