- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, beans, water, garlic powder, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forSausage Over Rice
"Very yummy! I made a double recipe. I used mild and hot italian sausage, and added okra! Its quite spicy which I love."
"The meal grows on you. By the time you get to the end you are licking your lips and saying to yourself...that was really good. I may try it with diced tomatoes next time to get some more veggies in it."