Sausage Onion Chili
When people request this recipe, they're surprised to see onion soup as an ingredient.—Denise VonStein, Shiloh, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (about 1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large saucepan, brown sausage and beef; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 409 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1286mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Onion Chili in Country Woman January/February 1996