Sausage ‘n’ Egg Biscuits
Why pay restaurant prices when you can make it yourself at home? This savory breakfast sandwich is so simple, you can whip it up on a weekday morning. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup Quick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage patties
- 2 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- To assemble, split each biscuit; layer with a cheese slice, sausage patty and scrambled eggs. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 405 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009