Sausage ‘n’ Egg Biscuits
Why pay restaurant prices when you can make it yourself at home? This savory breakfast sandwich is so simple, you can whip it up on a weekday morning. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup Quick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Patties
- 2 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- To assemble, split each biscuit; layer with a cheese slice, sausage patty and scrambled eggs. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 405 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.