Sausage Mushroom Soup
After trying this soup in a restaurant, I went home to make it myself.—Twiila Maxwell, Fort Myers, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 196 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Mushroom Soup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Jan 18, 2012
Home from work today and made this soup. For a quick and easy lunch, you can't go wrong with this one!! It is delicious. I used sweet Italian sausage made at our local market and it really made this soup taste great!