Sausage Mushroom Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spinach and mushrooms. Combine eggs and mozzarella cheese; fold into sausage mixture. Spoon into pastry shell.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled quiche in plastic and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Dec 22, 2012
I was excited to make this recipe as it was in the big hardbacked cookbook for 2012. We found the 2 packages of spinach was way too much and spoiled the tasted of the dish. If anyone makes this recipe, only use one package. I think I'd also omit the pastry shell and go for the less calories.
Jan 10, 2012
This was excellent. I did customize it. I only used 10 oz. of chopped spinach. I substituted 1# sauteed fresh mushrooms for the canned mushrooms. The mixture looked a little dry when I put it in the pastry crust, but it came out just fine.
Jan 8, 2011
Have made this recipe many times since Christmas. Easy and Tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.