Sausage-Mushroom Cranberry Tart
BREAKFAST WINNERJoyce Conway, Westerville, OhioJoyce is always experimenting in the kitchen and loves to bring this recipe to football parties.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside pastry trimmings. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, 1/2 cup cranberries, cream, parsley and reserved sausage and mushrooms. Pour into pastry.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out reserved pastry trimmings. Cut decorative cutouts from trimmings using cookie cutters. Place over filling. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set and golden brown. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cranberries.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 464 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sausage Mushroom Cranberry Tart in Jimmy Dean® Sausage Recipe Contest