- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stuff into the mushroom caps.
- Place in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forSausage Mushroom Appetizers
"I've made these several times and everyone raves about them. My mother in law had eaten two the first time she had them before she asked what they were. She couldn't believe they were mushrooms cause she doesn't like mushrooms but she loved them and always eats a couple when I make them. A recipe I will keep and make for many years. I have trouble finding the shredded swiss but have used shredded italian or mozz cheese and these work just as well."
"This recipe is awesome!! Wouldn't change a thing!!"
"Rave reviews for this one! I did not have Cajun seasoning, so used some of our favorite ones with the spicy brown mustard. I have used different flavors of sausage to change tastes... Italian sweet, Hot sausage, etc. All are good. I make this for all family parties & birthday celebrations by request!"