- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place sausages in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.over and cook over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until browned, turning twice. Cool; slice sausages and set aside. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, pepper and reserved sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta. Serve sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSausage Marinara Over Pasta
"Found this recipe by googling sausage, pasta, and marinara. I had a package of turkey kielbasa that I needed to use up. I sliced it into coins, browned on both sides, drained, set aside. Then to the pan I added some thin sliced celery & carrots, and chopped broccoli in with the onions, peppers, garlic. Added some grated Parmesan cheese along with the feta. Served with crusty garlic bread. Fantastic meal! Hubby remarked how awesome it was and had seconds. I'm thrilled because we have leftovers for tomorrow night when I need to be making a dish to take to work for a party the next day. Thanks for this easy, go-to pasta dish that can be adjusted so easily! :-)"
"This is a great recipe for serving with guests. I use Italian sausage, grill it, and slice into thin coins. I can keep the sause warm in a crock pot for serving guests. This is my sons favoriet recipe"