Sausage Manicotti with Pumpkin Sauce
This manicotti is a wonderful change from typical pumpkin dishes in the fall. —Barry Dale, Puyallup, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 wonton wrappers
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, celery, carrot and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine pumpkin, cream, wine and spices. Heat through (do not allow to boil).
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1 cup pumpkin sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place 2 tablespoons sausage filling in center of a wonton wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten wrapper edges with water. Roll up tightly. Place in prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat.
- Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts4 stuffed manicotti: 627 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Stuffed Manicotti with Spicey Pumpkin Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2019