Sausage Manicotti with Pumpkin Sauce
This manicotti is a wonderful change from typical pumpkin dishes in the fall. —Barry Dale, Puyallup, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 wonton wrappers
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, celery, carrot and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine pumpkin, cream, wine and spices. Heat through (do not allow to boil).
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1 cup pumpkin sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place 2 tablespoons sausage filling in center of a wonton wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten wrapper edges with water. Roll up tightly. Place in prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat.
- Top with remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.