Sausage Macaroni Supper Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cream of tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the soup, milk, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Drain macaroni; add to sausage mixture. Stir in broccoli; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 343 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Macaroni Supper
"very easy my husband liked it"
"It was ok. Needs more flavor."
"This was really good! After reading the reviews, I added a little cayenne to the sausage and onion, and then we topped it with more cheese and sour cream when serving. Yummy!!!"
"It needed a bit more seasoning but was pretty good and very easy."
"I made this recipe but didn't have the can of tomato bisque so I made my own. This turned out delicious."
"It was pretty good, a little bland but I will be adding more to it next time."
"I've already made this a few times. I tried it out as something real quick one night and everyone loved it. I use hot italian sausage. One of the few ways I can manage to eat cooked broccoli. :) Delicious."
"We lose the onions due to allergies, and add minced garlic, 2 or 3 cloves, and use the Italian Sausage from Johnsonville. Had it last Friday...and will again, soon."