- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add macaroni and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in chili sauce and milk; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSausage Macaroni Skillet
"Not a fan."
"The nutritional facts need to be fixed. 1 serving may be 603 calories but this made far more than 5 cups of food. Family thought it was yummy and it was simple to throw together for a quick meal"
"Loved the simplicity and great outcome. I was distracted and added too much evapo milk so I put in a couple of slices of american cheese to compensate. Turned out very cheesy. I'll probably experiment with adding some other veggies, perhaps less chili sauce to cut down on sweetness a bit. Perfect recipe to make as is or tailor to suit different tastes. Thanks! :)"
"My 14 year old daughther found this recipe in Simple and Delicious and wanted to try it. What a hit! She made it and we all loved it. This recipe is a keeper. I agree with the other reviews thinking that sweet and condensed milk as used instead of evaporated milk/"