Sausage Macaroni Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add macaroni and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in chili sauce and milk; heat through.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 603 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1263mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Macaroni Skillet
"Not a fan."
"The nutritional facts need to be fixed. 1 serving may be 603 calories but this made far more than 5 cups of food. Family thought it was yummy and it was simple to throw together for a quick meal"
"Loved the simplicity and great outcome. I was distracted and added too much evapo milk so I put in a couple of slices of american cheese to compensate. Turned out very cheesy. I'll probably experiment with adding some other veggies, perhaps less chili sauce to cut down on sweetness a bit. Perfect recipe to make as is or tailor to suit different tastes. Thanks! :)"
"My 14 year old daughther found this recipe in Simple and Delicious and wanted to try it. What a hit! She made it and we all loved it. This recipe is a keeper. I agree with the other reviews thinking that sweet and condensed milk as used instead of evaporated milk/"
"I'm sorry, but this recipe was not very pleasing to the pallet. My husband, who is not usually a picky eater, ate only a bite or two and put the rest back in the skillet... :( what a waste of food."
"To wmesser: Evaporated milk isn't sweet. Did you perhaps accidentally use sweetened condensed milk instead?"
"Could barely get through a few bites of this recipe. The evaporated milk made the sauce way to sweet and left an odd taste in your mouth. Beyond the sauce the dish wasn't bad."
"All the daycare kids loved it! I was worried about the chili sauce, but dont. Great recipe!"