- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, oregano and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and 2 tablespoons cheese. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSausage Macaroni Bake
"Nice recipe for kids! For my husband and I, I layered with mozzarella and spinach."
"Very tasty economical easy main dish. I added a little more oregano to give it a little more spice.As there are just 2 of us I like that it makes a small dish."
"I really liked this dish. Simply and tasty. I added red pepper flakes for some heat. I will definitely be making this again."
"I also 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 basil and a can of diced tomatoes (omitting the 1/2 cup water). (Measurements in this comment are for the recipe above and not the double recipe I cooked.)"
"Good, easy recipe. I doubled it and used a loaf pan. Put a layer of the macaroni mixture in the bottom of the pan. Added a layer of mozzarella cheese. Added a layer of Parmesan cheese. Another layer of the macaroni mixture, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Backed ... and yummy!!!"
"It is a keeper!"
"Sounds yummy!! Wish my husband liked sausage better."