I make this creamy, savory dip in my slow cooker. The dip tastes great with crunchy tortilla chips or raw vegetables. —Gina Fensler, Cincinnati, Ohio
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Jalapenos in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 large sweet red peppers, finely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Place red peppers, jalapenos and sausage in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add milk. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until peppers are tender.
- Stir in cheeses. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Sausage Jalapeno Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p30