Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch
This casserole spotlights hominy, which is a basic ingredient in Southern cooking. It's especially nice to serve on cold winter days for a hearty brunch or supper.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a 2-1/2-qt. ungreased baking dish. Cover with layers of eggs and hominy. Combine soup, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; spread over hominy. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 391 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.