Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch
This casserole spotlights hominy, which is a basic ingredient in Southern cooking. It's especially nice to serve on cold winter days for a hearty brunch or supper.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a 2-1/2-qt. ungreased baking dish. Cover with layers of eggs and hominy. Combine soup, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; spread over hominy. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 391 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch in Country Pork