- 1 pound bulk sage pork sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 package (12 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes (8 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble sausage with onion and celery over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in coffee and seasonings; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing cubes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until heated through and edges are lightly browned, 2-2-1/2 hours, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSausage-Herb Dressing
"Of course, I will give this a five star rating. It is my own recipe. But, in my original submission, I included 1 cup of raisins to the ingredient list. Not essential, but it sure does add a lot more unique flavor. Enjoy !!"