I created this easy and quick recipe by trying to work with what I had in the refrigerator. I often serve this hearty hash for brunch. Regular or spicy sausage can be used and red potatoes make it more colorful.
Recommended: Our 50 Best Egg Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and mushrooms in butter until potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in the sausage, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Hash in Reminisce February/March 2009, p 51
Reviews forSausage Hash Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011
"I used Jimmy Dean crumbles and added sweet bell pepper with the onions and butter. It's a simple recipe and SO good!"
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2011