- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups cheese and the next seven ingredients; fold in potatoes.
- Spread half into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forSausage Hash Brown Bake
"How many eggs and when do you add them? This is not in this recipe."
"This is a delicious recipe. Adding the sausage really gives it flavor. It tastes great when reheated. Will keep this recipe handy."
"For this recipe is it the premade french onion dip or can you make your own. It sounds like a good recipe. So i wiil give it four stars for now from the reveiws i have just read. Until i try it"
"Love it! instead of buying the hashbrowns, peppers, and onion separately, I buy hashbrowns o'brien. cuts time and expense"