Sausage Ham Loaves
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
Makes4 loaves (12 servings each)
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups milk
- 6 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 8 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 6 tablespoons ground mustard
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- In a several large bowls, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four loaves; place each in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/2 cup over each ham loaf; bake for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining glaze over loaves; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 373 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
Update. Family didn't want to hurt my feelings. Said it was good when they really didn't like it. Wouldn't eat the leftovers. Had to toss it. So much waste. Maybe others might find it suits them, but I lost on this recipe.
May 24, 2008
How well does this freeze? And how long can you keep this in your freezer?