You can make and bake this saucy dish in less than an hour. "The Italian sausage really makes it a treat," remarks Mary Detweiler of West Farmington, Ohio. "I sometimes serve it over noodles for a complete meal."
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds Italian sausage links, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, sausage, beans and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Green Bean Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p8
Reviews forSausage Green Bean Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2013
"Pretty good. Made it with smokies instead of sausage and it turned out pretty good."