Sausage Green Bean Bake
You can make and bake this saucy dish in less than an hour. "The Italian sausage really makes it a treat," remarks Mary Detweiler of West Farmington, Ohio. "I sometimes serve it over noodles for a complete meal."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds Italian sausage links, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, sausage, beans and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 426 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1511mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Green Bean Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.