Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a small skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Split biscuits in half; serve with sausage gravy.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 444 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1105mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 21, 2014
This is a keeper for certain.
Apr 9, 2014
I made this for supper tonight. My husband really liked the blend of seasonings. Also it comes out well using skim milk. One thing that I think makes a huge difference is having a high quality pepper.
Jan 7, 2013
This was very quick to prepare and really hit the spot on a cold day in January in western NY. While I am not a big fan of sausage gravy and biscuits and don't think it looks like much... I would certainly give this recipe TWO THUMBS UP! It has a nice flavor and a rich gravy. I did serve with a toss salad that improved the eye appeal for me. Definately a "do over."