Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a small skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Split biscuits in half; serve with sausage gravy.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 444 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1105mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 21, 2014
This is a keeper for certain.
Apr 9, 2014
I made this for supper tonight. My husband really liked the blend of seasonings. Also it comes out well using skim milk. One thing that I think makes a huge difference is having a high quality pepper.
Jan 7, 2013
This was very quick to prepare and really hit the spot on a cold day in January in western NY. While I am not a big fan of sausage gravy and biscuits and don't think it looks like much... I would certainly give this recipe TWO THUMBS UP! It has a nice flavor and a rich gravy. I did serve with a toss salad that improved the eye appeal for me. Definately a "do over."