- 5 slices soft white bread, cut in half
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Chicken Sausage links, warmed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Flatten bread slices and place one warmed sausage link at short end. Roll bread around sausage link. Repeat until all sausage links are rolled in bread slices.
- In small, shallow bowl whisk together milk, egg and pumpkin pie spice.
- In large skillet set over medium heat add butter and melt. When butter is melted quickly dip bread sausage roll-ups in milk mixture and add seam side down in pan. Cook on all sides until golden brown and crispy. Adding more butter to pan if necessary.
- Serve warm with maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Sausage French Toast Roll Ups in Jones Sausage 2017