"I never seem to have pizza dough on hand, but that doesn't stop our family from enjoying pizza," reports Cherie Sweet. The Evansville, Indiana cook tops crusty French bread with creamy Alfredo sauce, sausage and veggies. "It's great to serve at a party for children or teens," she adds.
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/3 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
- 3 cooked Italian sausage links, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pizza cheese
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut sides with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with sausage, olives, red pepper, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage French Bread Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p20