Sausage Florentine Potpie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, spinach, cream and cheeses; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Place a phyllo sheet over top; brush with some of the butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Crimp edges of dough.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 610 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 1201mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2012
My mother made this for dinner this past week. My husband came to dinner thinking he wouldn't like it. We all Loved this recipe. Thanks TOH.
Feb 10, 2012
My husband made this for us (he NEVER cooks), and it was delicious and so easy he didn't even mess it up! Will definitely make again.