Sausage & Feta Stuffed Tomatoes
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard pulp. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spoon sausage mixture into tomato shells; drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
4 stuffed tomato halves: 200 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 777mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Sep 18, 2016
Outstanding recipe! Few ingredients, healthy, very flavorful! Anyone would love this, but would be especially perfect if you have a lot of tomatoes or are on a low carb diet.
Aug 21, 2015
So yummy!! My daugher and I gobbled these up - easy and delicious.
Aug 2, 2015
This was delicious! I used regular ground Italian sausage instead of the turkey sausage. I will definitely be making this again. The kids even liked it. If you are looking to use up your tomatoes this summer, this is a great way to do that. Thank you for this recipe. (FYI...I used a grapefruit spoon to take the pulp out of the tomatoes.)