Sausage & Feta Stuffed Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard pulp. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spoon sausage mixture into tomato shells; drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts4 stuffed tomato halves: 200 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 777mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2016
Outstanding recipe! Few ingredients, healthy, very flavorful! Anyone would love this, but would be especially perfect if you have a lot of tomatoes or are on a low carb diet.
Aug 21, 2015
So yummy!! My daugher and I gobbled these up - easy and delicious.
Aug 2, 2015
This was delicious! I used regular ground Italian sausage instead of the turkey sausage. I will definitely be making this again. The kids even liked it. If you are looking to use up your tomatoes this summer, this is a great way to do that. Thank you for this recipe. (FYI...I used a grapefruit spoon to take the pulp out of the tomatoes.)