The secret to these fajitas is the quick herbal marinade. To save time, I marinate everything the night before. —Janie McClellan of Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 3 cups julienned mixed sweet peppers
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broth, oil, vinegar, soy sauce Worcestershire sauce, herbs and pepper; add the sausage, peppers, onion and mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain marinade, reserving 1/2 cup. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and vegetables in reserved marinade for 9-11 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are tender. Spoon sausage mixture over half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and tomato. Fold over.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1481mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Peppers & Sausage Fajitas in Light & Tasty February/March 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.