The secret to these fajitas is the quick herbal marinade. To save time, I marinate everything the night before. —Janie McClellan of Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 3 cups julienned mixed sweet peppers
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broth, oil, vinegar, soy sauce Worcestershire sauce, herbs and pepper; add the sausage, peppers, onion and mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain marinade, reserving 1/2 cup. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and vegetables in reserved marinade for 9-11 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are tender. Spoon sausage mixture over half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and tomato. Fold over.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1481mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.