Sausage Egg Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 202 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 1, 2010
This is very good! I've made this many times with a few changes. I use cubed turkey sausage, no green pepper, onion, or chili,and 1/2 the biscuit mix. It has an excellent flavor.