Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
This hearty pizza pie is sure to become a staple in your house. Frozen bread dough is pressed into a springform pan to make an easy crust, then spread with the sauce and topped with sausage, green pepper and cheese.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1-3/4 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Green pepper rings
- On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 9-in. circle. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for 10 minutes. Roll and stretch the dough into a 12-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place dough in pan and press 1 in. up the sides of the pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage, 1 cup of cheese, oregano and green pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove to a wire rack; let stand for 5 minutes before removing sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 393 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Deep-Dish Sausage Pizza in Quick Cooking September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.