I love the appetizer Pigs in a Blanket and I thought I could turn it into an amazing breakfast dish. Boy was I right. These are now on the menu for every family gathering. —Jimmie Harvey, Bedias, Texas
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 36 frozen Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Sausage Links
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat just until browned, turning frequently. Cool slightly; refrigerate.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into six portions. Roll each portion into a 10-in. circle; cut each circle into six wedges. Place a sausage at wide end of each wedge; roll up from wide ends. Place point sides down, 2 in. apart, on greased baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat egg white and water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Crescent Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018