Sausage Cranberry Pancakes
Hearty sausage and dried cranberries enhance every bite of these puffy pancakes. Just add maple syrup for a festive holiday breakfast. —Debbie Reid, Clearwater, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Additional maple syrup
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain cranberries, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, maple syrup, oil and orange zest; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries, sausage and reserved juice.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 287 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Stuffed Cranberry Orange Pancake in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.