Hearty sausage and dried cranberries enhance every bite of these puffy pancakes. Just add maple syrup for a festive holiday breakfast. —Debbie Reid, Clearwater, Florida
Featured In: Favorite Fall Pancake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Additional maple syrup
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain cranberries, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, maple syrup, oil and orange peel; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries, sausage and reserved juice.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 24 pancakes.
Originally published as Sausage Cranberry Pancakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p27