Sausage Corn Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 272 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1118mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2012
Very easy! I added sour cream at the end and it was delicious!!
Sep 10, 2011
I use 1/2 of a medium onion instead of the dried minced and substitute my homemade salsa for the picante sauce. We like the italian sausage and corn combo quite a lot.
Apr 18, 2011
This tasted more like hotdogs with ketchup.
Nov 5, 2009
I subsituted hamburger for sausage. it was a little dull, would try it again with sausage.