Sausage Chive Pinwheels
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly floured surface; press perforations to seal. Roll into a 14x10-in. rectangle.
- 2. Spread sausage to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chives. Roll up carefully jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place 1 in. apart in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan.
- 3. Bake until golden brown and sausage is cooked through, 12-16 minutes.
1 pinwheel: 132 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
Loved these. So tasty and so easy. I will say that there was no way I was going to get the dough to roll out to 14x10. It was just getting too thin. I was a little short, but it still worked, and it tasted delicious.
Apr 5, 2015
I have used this recipe again and again. They are always a big hit. I add chives if I have them, but they are excellent without. Great for an Easter brunch! I ALWAYS double the recipe, and there are never any left!
Jan 10, 2015
I think it is really great, and even better if you add extra sage to the sausage.
Dec 31, 1969
I've had this recipe for several years; came in one of my Taste of Home Annual Cookbooks. So easy and soooo delicious! Perfect for parties!
Sep 28, 2012
This is in the permanent recipe file. Have made these routinely. Great for a quick bite of breakfast on the go, reheat for the next morning and have even added scrambled eggs for a different breakfast bite. Tried and true easy recipe. Used often for buffets and brunches. Really a no-brainer.
Nov 13, 2011
My family LOVES these pinwheels. I follow the recipe as written and they come out perfect all the time. A favorite and a request from family and friends. They are simple to make and so delicious. I make them often.
Nov 1, 2011
These are easy and always a hit. I do not use chives. This can be prepped the night before then sliced and baked in the morning.
Sep 4, 2011
Have made this recipe numerous times - very easy - and everyone loves them. Frankly, they are just as good without the chives. Have made them for everything from a wedding reception to church get-togethers. A recipe I come back to over and over.
Mar 26, 2011
Very tasty! I thought of adding cheese but decided not too & they were great. Funny thing was that many asked me if there was cheese in them!
Sep 23, 2010
Very good! My daughter who won't eat much meat at all loved these.