- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, drain sun-dried tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon oil. Chop enough sun-dried tomatoes to measure 1/2 cup and set aside. (Save remaining tomatoes for another use.) In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and reserved sun-dried tomato oil until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, onions, basil, sausage mixture and sun-dried tomatoes. Pour over crust. Return to baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve at room temperature with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forSausage Cheesecake Appetizer
"At first I was skeptical about putting sausage in with cheesecake. And then I thought about it. And then I thought about it some more. And then I was like "Naw... I can't...", and finally I said what the hell, they're both things I love individually, lets see what happens.I'm so glad I did oh my gawwwwwwd!! somehow, the savory meat and the tangy sweet cream cheese go so well together it's just... it's just magic, man.I guess people were skeptical about dipping your fries in your Frosty's at first, and look how that caught on."
"Outstanding. Better than one I've had a a 4 star restaurant ."
"This is a great recipe for an Appetizer or even served with breakfast. I add some of Bob Evans hot/spicy sausage for extra taste and less of the regular sausage and everyone can't get enough of it when i serve it."
"My springform pan is 10" so I doubled the ingredients for the crust, and left the ingredients for the filling as written. The recipe says "24 servings" but in reality it is probably more like 100 servings. This is a very hearty spread, and I think if I make it again, I will use only 1/2 lb. sausage, making it more light, and easier to enjoy as an appetizer. As it is is, it seems more like a breakfast pie than an appetizer. At a party for 30, there is 3/4 of the pie leftover. Hope it freezes well."