- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forSausage Cheese Puffs
"Good tailgating food"
"These were so easy to make! The perfect party snack!"
"When cooking the sausage, I put in onion, garlic, red and green peppers...they were a hit and a request to make more! Thanks for sharing!"
"easy to put together. It worked great to freeze and heat just before my brunch."
"Very good. easy to make."