Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares
Here's a cheesy sausage dish that always gives my breakfast crowd a stick-to-the-ribs jump start on Christmas morning.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over biscuit mixture. In a large bowl, combine the egg, chilies and remaining mayonnaise; spread over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares in Country Woman Christmas 2004