Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares
Here's a cheesy sausage dish that always gives my breakfast crowd a stick-to-the-ribs jump start on Christmas morning.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over biscuit mixture. In a large bowl, combine the egg, chilies and remaining mayonnaise; spread over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.