VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over biscuit mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, chilies and remaining mayonnaise; spread over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Cheese Brunch Squares in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p17