Sausage Cabbage Bake
This recipe is like stuffed cabbage rolls in casserole form. It always goes over well at potlucks. Stirring before serving nicely blends the light, tasty tomato flavor throughout.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in rice and cabbage; pour into greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until cabbage is tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 242 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Cabbage Bake in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.