- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, water, chilies and egg. Stir in the corn and sausage.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSausage Brunch Muffins
"I made according to directions then added 1/2 cup more milk, 1 extra egg, garlic powder to taste and 1 can mexi corn to replace the regular can of corn. Also used "hot" ground sausage. It baked up good but still needs added something for my taste not sure what. I know there wasn't enough sausage. The kids 11, 8 and 3 loved them. Used paper baking cups plus spray oiled the baking cups. Baked 350 degrees F for 18 minutes. Made 30 muffins."
"These were great. I loved that they weren't fluffy, but felt like you were actually eating something. We used hot sausage, which was wonderfully spicy with the green chilies."
"They were too dry so I substituted cream-style corn for the whole kernel, and added an egg. These changes thinned the batter, making them lighter and less dense. I usually double the recipe for a large brunch buffet, and continually get requests each time I serve them. They are so easy to prepare, and the feedback has always been positive. The concept of a breakfast muffin is very appealing in our "grab and run" society."
"These muffins were easy to make and the taste was good, but they were too dry."