Sausage Brunch Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, water, chilies and egg. Stir in the corn and sausage.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 138 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 16, 2015
I made according to directions then added 1/2 cup more milk, 1 extra egg, garlic powder to taste and 1 can mexi corn to replace the regular can of corn. Also used "hot" ground sausage. It baked up good but still needs added something for my taste not sure what. I know there wasn't enough sausage. The kids 11, 8 and 3 loved them. Used paper baking cups plus spray oiled the baking cups. Baked 350 degrees F for 18 minutes. Made 30 muffins.
Apr 18, 2011
These were great. I loved that they weren't fluffy, but felt like you were actually eating something. We used hot sausage, which was wonderfully spicy with the green chilies.
Dec 14, 2009
They were too dry so I substituted cream-style corn for the whole kernel, and added an egg. These changes thinned the batter, making them lighter and less dense. I usually double the recipe for a large brunch buffet, and continually get requests each time I serve them. They are so easy to prepare, and the feedback has always been positive. The concept of a breakfast muffin is very appealing in our "grab and run" society.
Sep 12, 2009
These muffins were easy to make and the taste was good, but they were too dry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.