Sausage-Broccoli Puff Pancake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place butter in a glass 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from the oven. In a bowl, whisk milk, flour, eggs and salt until smooth; pour into hot pie plate. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli and rice are tender. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese. Cover and keep warm When pancake is removed from oven, immediately spoon filling into center and serve.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 456 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 785mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Mar 26, 2010
We absolutely love, love, LOVE this recipe! I have made it several times for special occasion brunches and usually make it a couple of times a month for dinner. My husband, who generally gripes about eating leftovers, will happily eat any leftovers that we may have the next day. Only change is that when making the pancake, I only use about 2 tablespoons of butter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.