- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside. In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSausage Broccoli Manicotti
"I wasn't to fond of the chunks of broccoli, that and it was had to fill the shells due to the size of the broccoli. Everything else was amazing, I think I'm going to try to replace the broccoli with spinach."
"I've made this several times for family and for guests. It's always a winner. Instead of manicotti, I stuff jumbo shells with the filling. I also use broccoli florets (I've used both frozen and fresh) , cutting the buds up small and leaving out the stems."
"I did not add the sausage when I made it. This is a great recipe, my family and I loved it."