Sausage Broccoli Calzone
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 12 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sage.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll dough starting at the seam; pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage lengthwise across center of dough. Sprinkle with broccoli and cheeses. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal. Turn calzone seam side down.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 369 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 11, 2013
I liked the idea but this turned out very bland. I don't plan to make it again.
Jun 12, 2012
5 stars (but I can't change it for some reason). This has become a family favorite in our home - so simple and delicious!!!
Jun 5, 2012
Yummy! I end up adding whatever other veggies I have in the fridge - onions, mushrooms, etc. and double the broccoli. The only problem is sometimes I stuff it so full that it's difficult to seal the dough! Oops :)
Apr 11, 2012
Feb 23, 2012
This was good. There was a bit too much filling for the dough.
Feb 20, 2012
This recipe was excellent. Before I put it in the oven, I sprayed the dough with spray butter and sprinkled garlic salt and a little sage on the outside. Everyone went back for second helping. I did have to cook a little longer than the time specified. My total cooking time was about 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!!
Jan 25, 2012
This came out delicious, despite the fact that the directions for how to lay the sausage and roll it up were difficult to understand - a diagram would really help. Next time I'll try it the opposite way, but will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.