Sausage Broccoli Calzone
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 12 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sage.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll dough starting at the seam; pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage lengthwise across center of dough. Sprinkle with broccoli and cheeses. Bring long sides of dough to the center over filling; pinch seams to seal. Turn calzone seam side down.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 369 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 11, 2013
I liked the idea but this turned out very bland. I don't plan to make it again.
Jun 12, 2012
5 stars (but I can't change it for some reason). This has become a family favorite in our home - so simple and delicious!!!
Jun 5, 2012
Yummy! I end up adding whatever other veggies I have in the fridge - onions, mushrooms, etc. and double the broccoli. The only problem is sometimes I stuff it so full that it's difficult to seal the dough! Oops :)
Apr 11, 2012
Feb 23, 2012
This was good. There was a bit too much filling for the dough.
Feb 20, 2012
This recipe was excellent. Before I put it in the oven, I sprayed the dough with spray butter and sprinkled garlic salt and a little sage on the outside. Everyone went back for second helping. I did have to cook a little longer than the time specified. My total cooking time was about 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!!
Jan 25, 2012
This came out delicious, despite the fact that the directions for how to lay the sausage and roll it up were difficult to understand - a diagram would really help. Next time I'll try it the opposite way, but will definitely make it again.