Sausage Breakfast Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage; cool. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, one egg, parsley, onion salt and garlic salt.
- Unroll pizza dough; roll into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread sausage mixture down the center of dough. Bring dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; tuck ends under. Beat remaining egg; brush over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 456 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1583mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2018
Please help! Make this annually but every time we thaw and let rise and then try to roll out, the dough fights and fights with us, keeps creeping back. What can we do?
Dec 21, 2015
This recipe was so good! I sauteed Turkey sausage, bell pepper, onions and followed the rest of the instructions as listed. It turned out great and was scrumptious topped with sausage gravy. Will definitely make again!
Apr 18, 2015
I thought this recipe was delicious: it can double for breakfast, brunch, or even lunch in my opinion. The sausage I used was a bit greasy, however, so beware to pick a good brand—probably not Polish sausage, if you are looking to minimize fat content.
Oct 8, 2012
My kids loved this and they are pretty picky. It was very easy. I will make it again and sneak in some onions and mushrooms.
Sep 30, 2011
Super easy and very tasty. Use any kind of sausage you have on hand. You can use whatever cheese you have too. I added onions to saute with the sausage, I'll add other veggies next time. An easy way to transfer to the pan after filling is to make on one cookie sheet and place the other cookie sheet to bake it on, on top of the dough and flip it over. I also used parchment paper instead of greasing the pan which helped with sticking and cleanup.