Sausage Breakfast Hash Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; stir in the potatoes, sausage, green and red peppers, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry eggs in remaining butter as desired. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with hash and pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup potato mixture with 2 eggs: 621 calories, 45g fat (20g saturated fat), 501mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Breakfast Hash
"I cannot honestly rate this the way it is because I switched things up a little bit. I did make the hash browns and sausage with the peppers, but I made indentations in the hash and broke the eggs into them and covered the dish to cook the eggs to over medium. I also sprinkled the whole thing with cheese. This is a great recipe like that!"
"Great recipe for a group or even a small family....... yummy"