Sausage Bow Tie Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked reduced-fat kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 5 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- 7 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onion, water and 3/4 teaspoon garlic over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the vinegar and fennel seed. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in pasta until coated. Add the tomatoes, basil and remaining garlic; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 0g sugar total.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 5, 2013
One of my favorites for summer. It's such a different sort of pasta salad and absolutely delicious with the basil, balsamic, and fennel seed.
May 9, 2008
This is a phenomenal salad! It looked a bit strange while cooking, so I was a bit nervous, but when I tasted the final product --WOW! A very unique taste and soooo good.